Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Of Things Small


Some days have highlights.

I think that most will head to the great unknown with memories of a wedding day, mixed with memories of kids, grandkids, dances, dates, watching the rain storm or roasting marshmallows over a fire.

These aren't the kind of highlights I'm talking about. I'm talking about that flash bulb memory. The one that ignites in you a feeling of awe and comfort. The tiny moment in your day that feels a lot like a visual hug meant only for you.

I'm talking about finding a mushroom in my blackberry plant. The blackberry plant I'm growing in a massive pot inside my kitchen because I was so excited to plant, I did so in my kitchen, weather be damned. I'm not going to lie. I thought it was a piece of trash at first and it wasn't until I went to pluck it off did I, with growing excitement, realize it was indeed the beginnings of what I can only hope is a mushroom forest!

Grow little guy, grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment