Tuesday, November 27, 2012

21 Weeks, 4 Days

If you are not too long, I will wait here for you all my life. - Oscar Wilde


Today started with a call to my doctor. Back on October 30th, we had our mega ultrasound. I feel like everything went well. The woman conducting it was extremely nice, took a lot of pictures and besides not being able to get the baby to uncross it's legs, seemed like a very positive routine visit.

But you know how it is. You want your doctor to call you and assure you that those ten fingers and toes were in all the right places.

Having not heard back and it being almost a month later, I bugged them. Turns out they didn't get the results back from the hospital and they had some bugging of their own to do - but I was told I should hear back from them Monday/Tuesday. 

I called the office and was put on hold for a very, very long time. After which the receptionist came back and informed me I would have to speak to my doctor or a nurse about the results. I figure this is standard practice?

My day continued on, no call. At three, I couldn't wait any longer and called again. Again put on hold and again told that I needed to speak with my doctor or a nurse but she would put a note in to have them call me tomorrow.

Again, I figure this is standard practice? No news is good news, right? If there was something terribly important, they would have called me - right?

I figure worse case, I have to go back and get something remeasured. That happens. Blurry pic of this or that, they want to take a second look. I'm not getting myself worried right now because I stand by the fact if it was something major or serious, that call would have been made right away and I would know by now.

Right? Right.

Ah waiting.

I did really good on the no sugar today up till the end. I had a bagel, some oatmeal and a very awesome dinner for my mom's 50th. That I just had to top off with some chocolate cake. I am excusing this and not counting it as breaking my diet because come on! It's bday cake!

Little one hasn't been very active these last few days. After that night of kicking my husband's hand for a good stretch, little guy kinda went quiet on me. It's possible their facing the wrong way. They still have a bit of room to swim so again, waiting and not worrying about it till I get closer to 24 weeks when those kicks should be pretty solid.

So that's it blog. Today finds me waiting. Happy and full of great food and feeling positive about tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment