Wednesday, November 28, 2012

21 Weeks, 5 Days

Everything worth doing is exhausting

Today was rough blog. Down and out rough.

I got a call from the nurse on the long awaited ultra sound results at about 9 am. She only called to tell me that my doctor had the results but wasn't in the office and that she would have to call the hospital and get the results re-sent. She would call me back.

She didn't.

If that wasn't frustrating enough, I feel bone-tired. If I'm not thinking about work, I'm thinking about school. If I'm not stressing about school, I'm looking after my awesome (but energetic) three year old. Or I'm cleaning up the house If I'm not doing any of the above I have just enough time to go, 'oh yeah, I'm five months' pregnant' and go seeking the nearest comfy thing to sleep on.

Today was one of those days where all the areas of my life traffic-jammed on their way for my attention. I feel spread thin. I feel worn out.

I am fairly sure I'm still in that safe spot in the second trimester where the exhaustion of carrying around a full term baby isn't weighing down on me so I can identify this as exactly what it is - a very busy, mentally exhausting day.

I did get my school work done. Now I have this weekend and next week to finish up my finals and bring home the gold.

I have to get all the paperwork together for my daughter's appointment on the 12th.

I have to finish out this week at work and do my very best to keep my department happy and strong.

And I should probably call my doctor again on Friday and track down those ultrasound results. Cause I am really curious dang it.

No comments:

Post a Comment